Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Do you ever wonder where you are from?

I started looking for my father's family back in 1986 when my husband and I, along w/our three sons were living in Montgomery, Alabama. I hit the jack-pot sorta' finding a lot of information on his family. Information like birth certificates, death certificate for his younger brother that died at 15 months. I even found the funeral home that conducted his service, the burial site of his brother, in Selma, Alabama. I love doing genealogy research. It is so much fun. I guess I am more than an intermediate researcher, because of all the experience I have in researching my father's family. I was able to get a copy of his oldest brother's Merchant Marine service record. It told us where his brother became ill and died. That was something my father desperately wanted to know. Through the years of researching, my husband and I have travelled to many places researching my father's family. I have also started researching my husband's family, which has lead us to many cemeteries, states, and court houses. I find satisfaction in researching genealogy. It is like putting a puzzle together.

No comments:

Post a Comment